Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It All Started With A Wheelie

It’s with a giggle now that I think back to my first few months of riding and how horribly nervous I was. Nervous. Nervous. Nervous. In fact, nervous is probably an understatement. To be honest, I was so regularly completely consumed with fear about riding and my impending motorbike trip that I gave myself nightmares. <>

10,000km and one overseas motorcycle adventure later, I love my bike and I love being able to ride. I have experienced riding in more conditions than some others experience in a lifetime. I have ridden in heat, rain, wind, and even in a little bit of snow. I have ridden paved and unpaved roads, on dirt, mud and even loose gravel. I have dropped, fallen and crashed. I have loved and laughed. I have hated and cried. I have learnt so much in such a short time – about motorbikes and traveling and about motorbike travel – and I am so very, very proud of myself.

Riding in South America was the biggest challenge I have ever given myself.

It has been the most amazing experience of my life.

And For My Man…. This Next Bit Is For You…..

For checking over my bike before each ride and for fixing my bike each time it broke; For mapping our route and for always riding lead; For patiently teaching me to ride and for building my confidence; For constantly checking on me in your rear vision mirror and for being there every time I needed you; For encouraging me when I was scared and for cuddling me when I cried; For making me smile when I was exhausted and for making me laugh when I was bored; For sharing each and every moment of my first motorcycle adventure - THANKYOU. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You made this possible for me.

No comments: